You cannot register without your troop contact registering first.
- Steps to Register for UTMBU
- 1. Scoutmasters or a scoutmaster appointed delegate must register their troops at our registration site once Troop Registration is open.
- 2. After the scoutmaster/delegate has registered the troop and Scout Registration is opened, scouts can create their accounts here. Be sure to indicate the correct troop you belong to when you create your account.
- 3. After creating their account, scouts can log back into the same registration site and sign up for their desired classes online.
- 4. Once you have registered for classes, each participant and their parent/guardian must complete our online Waiver and Liability Form. You cannot attend MBU if this form is not filled out.
- 5. You can pay for your courses using PayPal, credit card, or debit card through our Online Payment website, or you can mail in a check payment made out to APO to the address listed below. If you are mailing in a check payment, fill out the Payment Form and mail it in with your check. Payment and forms are due by the payment deadline.
- 6. Once registration is closed and the payment deadline has passed, we will drop any unpaid scouts and open Add/Drop to allow registered and paid scouts to add any classes that may have become available.
- 7. We will not have walk-in registration this year.
- The charges for the Merit Badge University classes are $7.50 per class, regardless of whether it is a two-hour or four-hour class.
- The fee for the Tenderfoot Program is $20 a Scout or Crew Member.
- CHECKS MUST BE MADE OUT TO APO.
- If you delete a class you will not receive a refund.
- If you add more classes, you are expected to pay.
- There will be no schedule changes on the day of MBU.
The address for UT Merit Badge University and where you send check payment forms to is:
- Merit Badge University
Alpha Phi Omega
P.0. Box 8237
Austin, TX 78713-8237
More Registration Information
Common Registration questions are answered on our FAQ page.
- 1. Some classes are scheduled for four hours, thereby covering two class periods. The Tenderfoot program lasts all day.
- 2. Scouts should take merit badges that they are interested in and have not started previously.
- 3. Please be careful to choose the correct class times for which you want to attend.
- 4. Classes are first come, first serve and may fill up quickly.
- 5.*Not all classes will be completed on the date of the Merit Badge University.*